The Deadman Night Rider

A forum for evening students of the SMU Dedman School of Law and other outlaws..

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I owe it all to VHS speech and debate, sir...

That's what I should have said to one of the attorneys judging the Closing Arguments Competition on Saturday when he asked me where I learned how to present an argument like that--his guess was that I was married to a lawyer (we'll forgo any Brokeback Mountain jokes about my relationship with RK and Ross here). A professor that judged the finals last night also told me he would have thought I'd been doing this for years--so there it is, parents, take that football away from junior and put a flow pad in his hand! Twenty years later we're still getting mileage out of it!

Anyway, it was great to pull off a win for the evening students last night--some of them even turned up to cheer the ol' Hoss on. If I don't walk out of this place with anything else, I've got a little hunk of glass for my mantlepiece.

9 Comments:

Blogger rkellus said...

Lion Express, Nothing Less!!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

Maroon, White, Go Fight Fight!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D.
Did you wear a turquoise tie?
Mom A.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

By the way - I recently found one of the Turner and Appel business cards. Ah, the memories.

7:42 PM  
Blogger rattlerd said...

Well, a blue tie, not turquoise.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last report RK was in possession of the lucky turquoise tie.
Mom A.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS BIG BROTHA!!! Way to bring hom the "W" my man! Kenny Railsback and Bill Bellew would be proud! I'm gonna put out my "LION COUNTRY" yard ornament at 437 Columbia here in Shreveport!!!

Lil' Brother C.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read this blog. It is a hoot and I know some of you. BB would be proud and I am going to forward this to her.

ML

9:22 AM  
Blogger rkellus said...

Aqua blue tie was in my possession for many a moon. I don't know where it is right now, perhaps on loan to the Smithsonian Power of Myth traveling exhibit.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home