The Deadman Night Rider

A forum for evening students of the SMU Dedman School of Law and other outlaws..

Sunday, March 26, 2006

J.K. Rowling, if you're listening...

If Harry Potter or Hermione Granger ever need to make some money in your upcoming books, here's a sure-fire get-rich-quick method: all they need to do is market the spell Briefus Escritorius, which causes a plumed quill pen to magically jam out a moot court brief, to hard-pressed 1L's around the globe.

No need to thank me, J.K--just send 1% of the royalties to me and we'll call it even.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andria said...

We do moot court this week - two rounds on M and two more on W. Not really looking forward to it, as it is not graded - yet mandatory that we participate. With finals looming and my law-school future pretty tenuous - seems like a HUGE timesuck to me. However, I will squint my eyes and wiggle my nose and transport myself back to Panhandle high school classrooms and think like an extemporanous speaker. Yes, I will.

4:18 PM  
Blogger rkellus said...

D.

What they hell are you are talking about?

3:20 PM  
Blogger rattlerd said...

Just trying to blow off some steam--don't know why, but for some reason this place sometimes reminds of Hogwarts--maybe it's all the people sitting poring over books, maybe it's the constant referral to people by their level (rising/falling 1L, 2L, etc.), but it's probably all the secrecy and mysticism surrounding the legal writing assignments--surely a Dark Art if there ever was one. Anyway, I just kept getting this vision of a roll of parchment and a quill pen magically writing a brief all by itself.

2:36 PM  
Blogger rkellus said...

OK, Harry. Now, don't forget me old mum. Tax Day soon approaches

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home